TILENGA PROJECT ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT
The ESIA Report for the Tilenga Project has been prepared in accordance with the National Environment Act Cap 153, and Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations (EIA), 1998. The development of the ESIA Strategy for the Project was undertaken following discussions between the Project Proponents and the key Ugandan Regulators including National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) and Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD). During the life of the Project, the Project Proponents will continually engage with relevant regulatory bodies including NEMA, the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU), Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), the Directorate of Water Resource Management (DWRM) and others as necessary.
On behalf of the Project Proponents, Total Exploration & Production Uganda B.V. (TEP Uganda), Tullow Uganda Operations Pty Ltd (TUOP) and the China National Offshore Oil Company Uganda Limited (CNOOC) the ESIA Report was prepared by independent NEMA registered Environmental Practitioners from AECOM Uganda Limited (AECOM) and Eco & Partner Consult.
The Project Proponents are committed to meeting best international practice for undertaking ESIA and thus the Project’s environmental and social performance will also meet the requirements of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards (PS) (2012).
*Any comments and views on the Tilenga ESIA report should be sent directly to the Executive Director, National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road, P.O.Box 22255, Kampala, Tel:+256 414 251064/5/8, Email: email@example.com
- TILENGA ESIA_NON TECHNICAL SUMMARY_28-02-19
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME I_28/02/19
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME II_28-02-19
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME III_28-02-19
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME IV_28-02-19
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME V_28-02-19
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIa_28-02-19_p1 to 202
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIa_28-02-19_p203 to 300
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIa_28-02-19_p301 to 374
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIa_28-02-19_p375 to 508
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIa_28-02-19_p509 to 819
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIa_28-02-19_p820 to 1020
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIb_28-02-19_p1 to 300
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIb_28-02-19_p301 to 390
- TILENGA ESIA VOLUME VIb_28-02-19_p391 to 1050
Tilenga ESIA Approval